SimplePractice is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the codes of ethics for all of the professional groups we serve, including the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. SimplePractice will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Education Director in consultation with (1) the members of the Curriculum Committee, and (2) for in-person events where an Event Chairperson has been designated, the Event Chairperson.
While SimplePractice goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to our attention which require intervention and/or action on the part of staff or a representative of SimplePractice. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
1. When a course participant files a grievance (either orally or in writing to email@example.com) and expects action on the complaint, SimplePractice will respond in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner. For all grievances, the Education Director* will review the grievance and consult with the Curriculum Committee, including the Psychologist Consultant and Social Work Consultant. The following actions may be taken.
2. Grievances about a presenter. If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put their comments in writing and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Education Director* will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual. In addition, the Education Director* may take any of the actions described in “Grievances about course content” below.
Grievances about course content. If the grievance concerns a course offering, its content, or its level of presentation, the Education Director* will mediate and be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the Education Director* may:
a) ask the participant to provide additional information on their concern, so that it may be clearly defined; or
b) amend course materials; or
c) move the participant to a different course; or
d) provide credit for another course; or
e) provide a partial or full refund of the course fee.
Grievances about facilities (live events). If the grievance concerns the facilities in which a live course was offered, the Education Director (or, if the event has a designated Event Chairperson, the Event Chairperson) will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the Education Director (or Event Chairperson) may:
a) attempt to move the participant to another course; or
b) provide a credit for a subsequent course or event; or
c) provide a partial or full refund of the course fee.
Grievances about the program. If the grievance concerns the SimplePractice CE program, in a specific regard, the Education Director* will attempt to arbitrate.
3. Grievance contact information
Contact name(s)*: Benjamin Caldwell, Education Director*
Telephone number: 323-246-8823
Address: SimplePractice, 2834 Colorado Ave, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90404
* For grievances involving the Education Director, or for which the Education Director is not immediately available to serve as arbitrator, please contact Nikhil Maheshwari, email@example.com
4. In no event will SimplePractice’s financial responsibility for resolving a grievance or complaint exceed the purchase price of the course or courses in which the customer was actually enrolled and which are directly related to the grievance.
5. In marketing materials, we may summarize this policy as follows, or via substantively equivalent wording:
“SimplePractice will respond to grievances in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner. Grievances may be submitted by course participants to firstname.lastname@example.org. For our complete Grievance procedure, visit https://simplepracticelearning.thinkific.com/pages/grievance.”
6. All grievances will be retained for a period of no less than seven years in accordance with our record retention policy. Complaints and grievances are reviewed as a group on at least an annual basis to identify possible patterns or systemic concerns.